- Language learning disabilities in school-aged children and adolescents, in particular language impairments.
- Emergentist and dynamic systems theories of language learning and processing.
- Interactions in language learning, processing and production (e.g., pragmatic difficulties in relation to other aspects of the language system or how morpho-syntactic and lexical representations interact)
- The study of discourse and effects of task, context, and modality.
- Assessment and intervention for school-aged children with language impairments.
- Interdisciplinary and cross-linguistic studies of language learning disabilities.